Duration: 2-3 hours
Skansen in the Kaiserwald was opened in 1971. The idea to create a museum belongs to the famous Ukrainian scientist Hilarion Sventsitsky, who in the late 1920s began work on the creation of an open-air museum.
Excursion to the open-air museum will allow you to feel the real color and authenticity of Ukrainian villages. The museum successfully transferred the historical buildings from different regions of Ukraine. The exposition of the museum has 124 architectural monuments, which are united into 54 estates. There are 4 exhibition halls in the museum. Two of them have a permanent exposure. The museum area of 60 hectares is conditionally divided into six ethnographic zones. In residential and household premises there are housewares, agricultural implements, vehicles and handicraft tools. Six such mini-villages have the names: "Boykivshchina", "Lemkovshchina", "Hutsulshchina", "Bukovina", "Podillya" and "Lviv region". From more than 120 monuments of architecture from the western regions of Ukraine, 9 - wooden churches. The oldest exhibit is the peasant house of 1749. There is also a smithy, a school, a butter mill, a sawmill, a water and a windmill.